Discover | Bookends etc.

It took far longer than I expected, but after painting trim and shelves and a particularly challenging ceiling over the weekend, our littler sun room is finally ready to be furnished. I spent the better part of last night organizing, attempting to creatively style the freshly painted shelves with stacks of colour-bound text.

Upon seeing the shelves in a semi-styled state, husband remarked in excitement, "You're including my not-as- pretty book too!" Reminding me that in our apartment we had had two bookcases: one for my vintage hardback volumes (including new Penguin Classics), and another for his cheery (and often downright  ugly) paperbacks.

Within the house, I've merged our collection of books to become one, and while our sun room shelving is mostly filled, I am still in search of a set of elegant bookends (or two) to break up the stacks with shape. These lovelies are from Ruche, and while I am huge devotee to Ruche in general, I am not sure that the bird theme is quite for us. What do you think? Have you stumbled across any grand bookend designs lately?

Lovely Bird Bookends | Ruche

*Note: This series is simply my way of appreciating carefully crafted things that are not a part of my everyday life. No posts are sponsored. No photographs are mine. No products tried. And the views expressed entirely my own.

Comments

  1. I like the color, even if I hold no particular devotion to birds.

    If I was feeling rich...
    http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/elegantbookbookends.cfm?source=pla&adtype=pla&kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=OCC058&gclid=CMuDmMub2bUCFQSg4Aod0mQAaw

    If I was feeling silly...
    http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/falling-bookends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The silly ones made me laugh! Thanks, friend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

Popular Posts