From Scratch

The truth of the matter is this: I have only ever made brownies out of a box. Never from scratch. Never from real chocolate and melted butter instead of powder and oil. Somehow, yesterday was one of those days that I felt that I should give brownie-making-from-scratch a try. 

It was one of those days that I spent puttering around the house in old clothes, hair piled messily atop my head. It was one of those days after a dark thunderstorm...when the world is still saturated in damp clouds and cold dreams. It was one of those days that I just wanted to curl in a ball and read all day, snuggled beneath blankets, warm cup of tea in hand. 

I admit, I am selfishly growing weary of painting trim and using large rollers to freshen walls. And so yesterday, in the dreary darkness of a very cloudy eleven a.m. I decided to bake brownies from scratch, softening the chilly day with warm fudgy treats. Finally. 

I'm wending my way to Geneva today, visiting old roommates and celebrating the soon-to-be-marriage of an old Richardson House friendship. Should you feel the itch to make brownies yourself this weekend, the recipe I used can be found here. Enjoy.
Happy Weekend.




Comments

Popular Posts