Rider Park, hiked.


"I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark."

(Raymond Carver)

--

Our weekend of planning left us in a kind of subdued funk.
After two days of dreaming, sitting in our respective offices, bound to computers and paper work felt like just too much to bear.

He picked me up at noon and we sat on a bench down town, munching on thin slices of pizza in an attempt to break up the normal routine of the day. 

At sunset, we drove to a park at the foot of the hills and hiked west, reaching the clearing just was the sun lit the valley on fire. A golden hour. We trudged back down, through dark pine woods, loudly crunching through fallen leaves.

"I am so glad we are married," he said.
"Me too," I replied.
"That was definately the best decision we ever made."

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

Popular Posts