chocolate chips & coconut, reimagined.


These aren't the cookies I thought I was going to make. 
I began with the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag, but then, as sometimes happens, a few ingredients were added, and others were replaced. Coconut oil seemed like a good idea when the butter ran out, and then, the exactly one-quarter cup of shredded coconut left in the pantry was tossed in as well (just for good measure). 

I don't know if I have ever before had mini chocolate chips just lying around, begging to be used, but these were, and I really would emphasize the necessity of using mini chips for these cookies. They're just cuter. And you can sneak in a higher chocolate to cookie ratio if that's the kind of cookie you prefer. (I do. Husband doesn't. Its a rough world we live in, kids). 

But mostly I would suggest doubling the batch, then hiding half,  because if you don't (like I did), your husband may eat them all before you've even had a chance to sample one.
Be warned.


Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

Method:

Combine wet ingredient and stir until smooth. Add dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Mix in coconut and chocolate. Roll into 1 inch balls and bake at 375 for 11 minutes. Cool. Eat. Enjoy.



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note!

Popular Posts