Scotland Pt. 1

Everything I thought I knew about Scotland, I learned from novels and fairytales, so it only seemed fitting that during those first few days in the United Kingdom, we visited castles. 

First, the Newcastle Castle in Newcastle, England (a quick tour between trains), followed by Edinburgh Castle and The Palace of Holyroodhouse. Then, after a weekend in the city, we rented a car and drove north, stopping at Loch Ness and Urquardt Castle before wending our way west to the Isle of Skye. 

Its not that I was expecting Scotland to feel foreign, but I was surprised at the familiarity we felt walking through the city streets or driving north on the highway. I suppose, its no wonder, since our cultures so closely resemble each other; there was a definite ease that came with speaking English again.

Photos of our time on the Isle of Skye to come, in one final post about Europe. Stay tuned. xo


 More photos of our time in Europe, here.

Comments

Popular Posts